When there is a diagnosis of aortic stenosis, the process of evaluating treatment options can be life-threatening. It is most important to understand the options available to take action. One of the best options available in the past was open-heart surgery, but now TAVR is a process to remove the narrowed artery valve Stenosis. TAVR uses the minimum possible instruments. It can cause chest pain, fainting, fatigue, leg swelling and shortness of breath.
Dr. Asif Performs this procedure and most of the TAVR Surgery in India patients return to their normal living more quickly than open-heart surgery.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is a minimally invasive procedure to replace the aortic valve in patients with severe aortic stenosis. Aortic stenosis, also known as aortic valve stenosis, happens when the aortic valve of the heart thickens and stiffens (calcifies). The valve can't fully open as a result, and blood flow to the body is decreased.
Open-heart aortic valve replacement surgery can be substituted by TAVR. TAVR patients frequently spend less time in the hospital than those who undergo surgical aortic valve replacement. Aortic valve stenosis Symptoms that can be decreased by TAVR include fatigue, shortness of breath, fainting, and chest pain.
Our cardiac care team will create a treatment plan for you if the Diagnosis shows that TAVR would be beneficial for you. Our interventional cardiologist perform this TAVR Procedure in Hyderabad with high success rate.
The total procedure time varies from about 1 to 2 hours.
TAVR allows a new valve to be inserted through a catheter
1. You might be given anaesthesia before to your procedure.
2. A small incision will be made in your leg where The Interventional cardiologist will embed a short, hollow tube called a sheath.
3. The delivery system tube will be fitted with your new valve, which will then be compressed on the balloon to make it small enough to fit through the sheath
4. The balloon of the delivery system carrying the valve will be inflated, expanding this new valve within your diseased valve. The new valve will push the leaflets of your diseased valve aside. The frame of the new valve is strong and it will use the leaflets of your diseased valve to secure it in place. The balloon will then be deflated and removed
5. Your doctor will make sure that your new valve is working properly before removing the sheath and closing the incision in your leg
While TAVR has many advantages, some complications are possible. However, advancements in the technology of the catheter and the valves mean that these complications are rare. Some of the complications that can happen:
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is a lifesaving technique that offers a promising alternative to surgery, especially if you are too ill to undergo surgery safely. Ongoing research also shows that this technique can also be better even for those with a low risk of complications from surgery. DR. MD Asif performs the process of TAVR Surgery in Hyderabad quite smoothly and ensures proper care and recovery of patients.